Adrienne Traxler, Ph.D.
- B.S. in Physics, University of Maine, 2004
- M.S. in Teaching, University of Maine, 2006
- Ph.D. in Applied Mathematics & Statistics, University of California Santa Cruz, 2011
- Network analysis
- Student attitudes and epistemologies
- Diversity and equity issues in physics education
- Student problem-solving
- Assistant editor, Physics Education Research Conference proceedings (2016-)
- American Association of Physics Teachers (AAPT): Session organizer and paper sorter, Summer 2015 national meeting; paper sorter, Winter 2015 national meeting
- Chair, Committee on Women in Physics (AAPT)
- Reviewer for: Physical Review Special Topics – Physics Education Research,Physics Education Research Conference, CBE – Life Sciences Education, National Science Foundation, International Journal of Research and Method in Education
A. L. Traxler, X. C. Cid, J. Blue, and R. Barthelemy, “Enriching gender in PER: A binary past and a complex future.” Accepted to Phys. Rev. Phys. Ed. Res.
A. L. Traxler and E. Brewe, “Equity investigation of attitudinal shifts in introductory physics.” Phys. Rev. Spec. Top. Phys. Ed. Res. 11, 020132 (2015).
I. Artze-Vega, L. Richardson, and A. Traxler “Stereotype threat–based diversity programming: Helping Students while Empowering and Respecting Faculty.” To Improve the Academy: A Journal of Educational Development 33, 74-93, 2014.
E. Brewe, A. L. Traxler, J. de la Garza, and L. H. Kramer, “Extending positive CLASS results across multiple instructors and multiple classes of Modeling Instruction.” Phys. Rev. Spec. Top. Phys. Ed. Res. 9, 020116, 2013.
G. M. Mirouh, P. Garaud, S. Stellmach, A. L. Traxler, and T. S. Wood, “A new model for mixing by double-diffusive convection (semi-convection): I. The conditions for layer formation.” Astrophysical Journal 750, 61, 2012.
A. Traxler, P. Garaud, and S. Stellmach, “Numerically determined transport laws for fingering (“thermohaline”) convection in astrophysics.” Astrophysical Journal Letters 728, L29, 2011.
E. Rosenblum, P. Garaud, A. Traxler, S. Stellmach, “Turbulent mixing and layer formation in double-diffusive convection: 3D numerical simulations and theory.” Astrophysical Journal 731, 66, 2011.
A. Traxler, S. Stellmach, P. Garaud, T. Radko, and N. Brummell, “Dynamics of fingering convection I: Small-scale fluxes and large-scale instabilities.” Journal of Fluid Mechanics 677, 530, 2011.
S. Stellmach, A. Traxler, P. Garaud, N. Brummell, and T. Radko, “Dynamics of fingering convection II: The formation of thermohaline staircases.” Journal of Fluid Mechanics 677, 554, 2011.
Peer-reviewed conference proceedings
A. L. Traxler, “Community structure in introductory physics course networks.” In 2015 Physics Education Research Conference proceedings, edited by A. D. Churukian, D. L. Jones, and L. Ding (College Park, MD, 2015).
A. L. Traxler, J. V. Mahadeo*, D. McPadden, and E. Brewe, “Multiple representations and epistemic games in introductory physics exam solutions.” In 2014 Physics Education Research Conference proceedings, edited by P. V. Engelhardt, A. D. Churukian, and D. L. Jones (Minneapolis, MN, 2014).
J. Mahadeo*, A. L. Traxler, E. Brewe, “Epistemic games analysis of common exam questions across course formats.” In 2013 Physics Education Research Conference proceedings, edited by P. V. Engelhardt, A. D. Churukian, and D. L. Jones (Portland, OR, 2014).
A. L. Traxler, K. E. Black, and J. R. Thompson, “Students’ use of symmetry with Gauss’ law.” In Physics Education Research Conference (AIP Conference Proceedings vol. 883), 2006.
* Supervised student
- American Physical Society
- American Association of Physics Teachers