Forest B. Wortham, D.Ed
- D.Ed. Adult Education Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pa
- Ed.Specialist I School and Community Psychology Wayne State University, Detroit, Mi
- M.A. Guidance and Counseling University of Detroit Mercy, Detroit, Mi
- B.A. French Schiller College, Paris France
- Certificate French Universitie de Sorbonne, Paris, France
- Certificate Spanish La Universidad Rural De Guatemala, La Antigua, Guatemala
CLASS Academic Advisor
- Assist students in clarifying their goals and objectives as it relates to major selection and career choice
- Help students to clarify and prioritize extra-curricular activities i.e... work, family, and childcare and academics.
- Collaborate with student to identify alternative methods of being academically successful and how to achieve that success
- Coach at-risk commuter students to the point of positive self-actualization
Ancillary Academic Advisor for:University Center for International Education, Honors Program, Athletics, Disability Services,Veteran and Military Center, and Undergraduate Admissions, Transfer and Non Traditional Students.:
- Communicate with foreign embassies, consulates and cultural missions verifying student academic progress, degree verification, degree completion, major change, and transfer course verification.
- Verify degree completion percentages per NCAA regulation requirements for Athletic Advising Office.
- Advises honors students on selecting honor’s courses per Honors Program request
- Assign supplemental courses for students per Office of Disability Services request.
- Provide supporting documentation of degree progress and completion to State Bureau of Vocational Rehabilitation state and local agencies.
- Document and verify student degree completion plans for Armed Services and Veterans office
- Review and assess academic credentials of perspective, first year, transfer, and matriculating students to enter COLA majors
Transfer and Non Traditional Students
- Advise students regarding Core class requirements and evaluate said classes as they relate to college requirements.
Higher Education Career Positions
- Academic Advisor CLASS Wright State University College of Liberal Arts
- Director Multicultural Student Programs and Womyns Center Wittenberg University
- Director of Student Development and Career Development Florida gulf Coast University
- Assistant Director Off Campus Living / Student Life Pennsylvania State University
- Career Counselor / Minority Career Fair Coordinator Pennsylvania State University
- International Student Advisor Wayne State University