John Dinsmore, Jr., Ph.D.
- PhD—Marketing, University of Cincinnati, 2013
- MBA—Marketing & Decision Support Systems, University of Georgia, 2003
- BA—History & Political Science, James Madison University, 1994
- Principles of Marketing
- Marketing Strategy
- Creativity, Problem Solving and Communication
- “Price Fairness and The Placebo Effect in Marketing,” Carlson School of Management, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, 2012.
CONFERENCE PRESENTATIONS (* denotes presenter)
- Dinsmore, John B.*, Riley Dugan and Scott A. Wright (2014), “Naïve Theories of Monetary and Nonmonetary Prices for Mobile Applications,” Association for Consumer Research North American Conference, Baltimore, MD.
- Dinsmore, John B.*, Karen A. Machleit, Kathleen D. Vohs and Frank R. Kardes (2013), “A Multi-Dimensional Construct of Impulse Purchases,” American Marketing Association Summer Educator’s Conference, Boston, MA.
- Dugan, Riley* and John Dinsmore (2013), “Researching the Web 2.0 and 3.0 in the Selling Process,” Special Session at the National Conference in Sales Management, San Diego, CA.
- Hernandez, Jose, Scott A. Wright*, Aparna Sundar, John Dinsmore and Frank Kardes (2012), “Effects of Set Size, Scarcity, Packaging, and Taste on the Marketing Placebo Effect,” Association for Consumer Research North American Conference, Vancouver, BC.
- Dinsmore, John, Jason Harris and Riley Dugan* (2012), “Going Viral: Proven Strategies,” Atlantic Marketing Association Annual Conference, Williamsburg, VA.
- Dinsmore, John, Scott Wright, Riley Dugan* and Frank Kardes (2012), “Price Fairness and The Placebo Effect in Marketing,” Atlantic Marketing Association Annual Conference, Williamsburg, VA.
- Dinsmore, John B.* (2012), “Mental Accounting, General Evaluability Theory and The Framing of Losses Posed By Partitioned Monetary and Non-Monetary Prices,” Wayne State Behavioral Pricing Conference, Detroit, MI.
- Guo, Xiaoning*, Scott Wright, John Dinsmore and James Kellaris (2012), “The Effect of Mortality Salience on Materialism: The Moderating Role of Regulatory Focus,” Competitive paper, Society for Consumer Psychology, Las Vegas, NV.
- Dinsmore, John*, Scott Wright, Xiaoning Guo and James Kellaris (2011), “Recession, Financial Hardship, and Ethical Judgment: Do Tough Times Beget Tough Judges?” paper presented at Proceedings of the Summer Marketing Educator's Conference of the American Marketing Association, San Francisco, CA.
- Wright, Scott A.*, John Dinsmore, Xiaoning Guo and James Kellaris (2011), “Biasing Effects of Group Affiliation on Ethical Judgment” paper presented at Proceedings of the Summer Marketing Educator's Conference of the American Marketing Association, San Francisco, CA.
- Wright, Scott A.*, Xiaoning Guo, Chris Manolis, Andrew Brown, John Dinsmore, Tarryn E. Williamson, Xiaoqi Han, and Frank R. Kardes (2011), “The Illusory Truth Effect: No Repetition Necessary.” Society for Consumer Psychology, Atlanta, Georgia.
- Dinsmore, John*, Xin Wang, and Inigo Arroniz (2011), “Gender Differences in Impulse Purchasing" paper presented at Proceedings of the Annual Conference of the Atlantic Marketing Association, Charleston, SC.
WSU Raj Soin School of Business Scholarship & Awards Committee
Reviewer, Marketing Letters
Reviewer, Journal of Strategic Marketing
Dinsmore, John B., Riley G. Dugan and Scott A. Wright (2016), “Monetary versus Nonmonetary Pricing: Differences in Product Evaluations due to Pricing Strategies within Mobile Applications,” Journal of Strategic Marketing, 24(3/4), 227-240.
Wright*, Scott, Jose Hernandez*, Aparna Sundar, John Dinsmore and Frank Kardes (2013), “If It Tastes Bad It Must Be Good: Consumer Naïve Theories and the Marketing Placebo Effect,” International Journal of Research in Marketing, 30(2), 197-98. * Equal Authorship
Wright, Scott A., John B. Dinsmore and James J. Kellaris (2013), “How Loyalty Shapes Ethical Judgment and Punishment Preferences,” Psychology & Marketing, 30(3), 203-210.
Wright, Scott, Chris Manolis, Drew Brown, Xiaoning Guo, John Dinsmore, C-Y Peter Chiu and Frank Kardes (2012), “Construal-level Mind-sets and the Perceived Validity of Marketing Claims,” Marketing Letters, 23(1), 253-261.
- Association for Consumer Research
- Society for Consumer Psychology
- American Marketing Association
- $8,500 Research Grant, Wright State University/Rike Consumer Research Foundation, Co-Principal Investigator, “Contrary Construal Level Mindsets Induced By Monetary and Nonmonetary Prices,” Awarded on August 8, 2014.
- Foundation $2,500 Research Grant (2013), Direct Marketing Policy Research Center, Co-Principal Investigator, “Catch it if you Can: An Exploratory Look into the Creation and Dissemination of Viral Videos,” Awarded on August 26, 2013.
- Honorable Mention, Fordham University Behavioral Pricing Doctoral Dissertation Competition (2012)
- AMA-Sheth Consortium Fellow (2012)
- $7,667 Research Grant (2011) Marketing Science Institute (RA 4-1730), Principal Investigator, “A Multi-dimensional Construct and Measurement Scale of Impulse Purchases,” Awarded on July 26, 2011
- Recipient, “Teachers Who Inspire” Designation from University of Cincinnati’s Class of 2011
- Kelly-Siddall Fellowship, University of Cincinnati (2009-2012)
- Turnaround Management Competition (2003) representing University of Georgia, Winner for Southeastern Region, Tied with Columbia University for Third Place Nationally