Kristin Sobolik, Ph.D.
- Ph.D. in Anthropology, Texas A&M University, 1991
- M.A. in Anthropology, Texas A&M University, 1988
- B.S. in Biology, The University of Iowa, 1986
SUMMARY OF POSITIONS
Wright State University Jan, 2013 – present
- Dean, College of Liberal Arts
- Professor of Anthropology
University of Maine
- Associate Dean for Research and External Affairs, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Aug, 2010 - Dec, 2012
- Chair, Department of Anthropology July, 2006 - Aug, 2011
- Associate Director, The Climate Change Institute Sept, 2005 – Aug, 2010
- Graduate Coordinator, The Climate Change Institute May, 1993 – Aug, 2007
- Professor of Anthropology and Climate Change Aug, 1992 – present
- Faculty Associate, 2013-present
- Professor, 2006-2012
- Associate Professor, 1998-2006
- Assistant Professor, 1992-1998
- ACE National Women’s Leadership Forum: Advancing Women’s Leadership Dec 2-4, 2015
- Selected to attend ACE Leadership Workshop for senior-level women administrators in higher education, Washington DC
- Harvard Institute for Management and Leadership in Education June 14-27, 2015
- Selected to attend Harvard Institute for Higher Education on leading change, planning and strategy development, inclusive excellence, financial sustainability, future trends in higher education
- CASE, Council for Advancement and Support of Education June 4-5, 2013
- Summer Institute in Advancement Services
- HERS Institute, Higher Education Research Services, Bryn Mawr June 17-30, 2012
- Selected to attend Higher Education Administration Institute on leading change, finance and budgeting, higher education law, diversity, information technology, advancement, accreditation and communication
- Diversity Leadership Institute, University of Maine Throughout 2012
- Selected to attend Intensive diversity discussions and training
Sutton, Mark Q., Kristin D. Sobolik, and Jill Gardner
2010 Paleonutrition. University of Arizona Press, Tucson, AZ, 369 p.
Sobolik, Kristin D.
2003 Archaeobiology, Altamira Press, Lanham, MD.
Poinar, Hendrik N., Melanie Kuch, Kristin D. Sobolik, Ian Barnes, Artur B. Stankiewicz, Tomasz Kuder, W. Geofferey Spaulding, Vaughn M. Bryant, Alan Cooper, and Svante Pääbo
2001 A molecular analysis of dietary diversity for three archaic Native Americans. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 98(8): 4317-4322.
Tito, Raul Y., Dan Kights, Jessica Metcalf, Alexandra J. Obregon-Tito, Lauren Cleeland, Fares Najar, Bruce Roe, Karl Reinhard, Kristin Sobolik, Samuel Belknap, Morris Foster, Paul Spicer, Rob Knight, Cecil M. Lewis, Jr.
2012 Insights from Characterizing Extinct Human Gut Microbiomes. PLOS ONE 7(12):e51146.
Tito, Raul Y., Samuel L. Belknap III, Kristin D. Sobolik, Robert C. Ingraham, Lauren M. Cleeland, and Cecil M. Lewis, Jr.
2011 DNA from early Holocene American dog. American Journal of Physical Anthropology 145(4):653-657.
Sobolik, Kristin D.
1996 Direct Evidence for Prehistoric Sex Differences. Cutting Edge Column, American Anthropological Association Newsletter, 37(9):7-8.
Sobolik, Kristin D.
1996 Lithic Organic Residue Analysis: An Example from the Southwestern Archaic. Journal of Field Archaeology 23:461-469.
Sobolik, Kristin D., Kristen J. Gremillion, Patricia Whitten, Patty Jo Watson
1996 Sex Determination of Prehistoric Human Paleofeces. American Journal of Physical Anthropology 101(2):283-290.
Robert C. Ingraham, Brian S. Robinson, Kristin D. Sobolik, and A. Sky Heller
2016 “Left for the Tide to Take Back”: Specialized Processing of Seals on Machias Bay, Maine. Journal of Island and Coastal Archaeology 11(1):89-106.
Mead, Jim I., Arthur E. Spiess, and Kristin D. Sobolik
2000 Skeleton of Extinct North American Sea Mink (Mustela macrodon). Quaternary Research 53:247-262.
Gremillion, Kristen J. and Kristin D. Sobolik
1996 Dietary Variability Among Prehistoric Forager-Farmers of Eastern North America. Current Anthropology 37(3):529-539.
Sobolik, Kristin D. (ed.)
1994 Paleonutrition: The Diet and Health of Prehistoric Americans, Center for Archaeological Investigations Occasional Paper Series 22, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale.
Ph.D. in Anthropology, Texas A&M University, 1991
M.A. in Anthropology, Texas A&M University, 1988
B.S. in Biology, The University of Iowa, 1986