I am an Associate Professor in the Department of Communication and Co-Director of The New Media Incubator at Wright State University.
My interests lie at the boundaries of communication, rhetoric, and technology. Communication and technology have a long history. New technologies and tools constantly change how people communicate with one another.
- online journalism platforms
- what students think about new technologies and how they use them
- when CMS platforms act as gatekeepers
- sound and video projects in early undergraduate coursework
I work with
- undergraduate and graduate students to study changes in workplace practices
- field and studio production gear
- audio and video technologies
I have award-winning media experience including work for a public communications department of a city government, photojounalist/morning show editor for a 30 market television station, and was the online video advertising director/producer for the Interactive Media division of a newspaper company. I also have 20+ years of freelance film and video experience and was previously a member of the National Science Foundation grant project "Scaling Up STEM Learning with the VCL" interdisciplinary research project at NC State investigating instructional technologies at the high school level.