Becca Webb

English Language & Literatures
Administrative Specialist
Millett Hall 470, 3640 Colonel Glenn Hwy, Dayton, OH 45435-0001

In February, 2014, my husband (Tom, the director of WSU’s ODS) and I moved from the Eastern Shore of Maryland, where I worked in the Bursar’s office of Chesapeake College during the week and DJ’d for Steve Moody’s Entertainment Connection on the weekends.

I began working as an Account Clerk II at WSU Foundation in September, 2014, and loved every minute of it!  I monitored Foundation funds to ensure they were being used appropriately (no Theatre Arts funds going to Athletics’ purchases, for example) and processed donations and pledges to those funds.  I also greatly enjoyed taking part in various events committees – especially co-chairing the Foundation’s portion of CSIC in 2015.

In December, 2015, I was blessed to become a mother to our son, Howard Paige Webb (whom we affectionately call “Howie”) and add another burst of energy and chaos into an already busy life.   :]

I graduated Magna Cum Laude (4.0 in Wright State studies!) from WSU in December, 2017, with a Bachelor’s in Liberal Studies.  In February, 2018, with my newly minted degree, I was able to get a job as an Admin. Specialist in the English Department while continuing my studies, going for a Masters of Humanities degree.  I am excited to get out from a cubicle and back to working with students and faculty face-to-face.

In October, 2018, I split my employment, reducing my work in the English Department to 75% and filling the remaining 25% as an Admin. Specialist in the Sociology & Anthropology Department, working with the African & African American Studies program, the Crime & Justice Studies program, and the Women, Gender, & Sexuality Studies program.  I love getting to meet new people and learn new things, while still keeping the work I love in my other department.

In June, 2019, I was able to officially change my title to Admin. Support Coordinator for both departments and thank the chairs of each (Dr. Tracey Steele and Dr. Alpana Sharma) for their support in the process.

Since joining WSU in 2014, I’ve loved serving my Raider Community.  I have or still am serving on/with the following committees/organizations:

  • Abilities United
  • Academic Realignment Committee
  • Bias Incident Response Team (BIRT)
  • Breaking Silences: Sex, Sexuality, & Disability Conferences
  • Campus Scholarship & Innovation Campaign (CSIC)
  • Classified Staff Advisory Council (CSAC)
  • CoLA’s Dean’s Student Advisory Board (DSAB)
  • The Arts Gala (just volunteering at the event – not involved on the committee)
  • University Diversity Advisory Committee
  • WSU Allies

I attend David’s United Church of Christ in Kettering and have served as the President and Secretary of the Christian Education Board, served as the Nursery Coordinator and the chair of the Vacation Bible School Committee, as well as been a member of Church Council.  Currently, I “teach” some Children’s Moments and one-room Schoolhouse Sunday School classes.  I also became certified in the OWL (Our Whole Lives) program and teach sex and sexuality education programs to children in Kindergarten through 6th grade.  I’m in the process of becoming certified for Junior High students (having served as a junior facilitator in one courseload launch) and hope to eventually become certified in the High School, Adult, and Senior-Citizen courses, too!

All in all, the above keeps me busy; however, in my free time, I love to read, dance (I was an active Latin Ballroom dancer through Dancing on the Shore in Maryland), act (I was in 10 different troupes back home and have participated in many WSU student productions since coming to Ohio), and try new things (so long as I get to meet new people!).

If you haven’t met me yet, please stop by one of my offices and introduce yourself.  I enjoy making new friends and meeting more of my WSU family.  I love Wright State and will be a Raider for life!


Mrs. Becca Webb   My Pronouns: she/her/hers

Is this you? Log in to update your profile.