Dr. Daniel Adomako Asamoah is an Associate Professor of Information Systems in the Raj Soin College of Business at the Wright State University. He holds a PhD in Management Information Systems from the Spears School of Business at the Oklahoma State University.
His research activities focus on business analytics and intelligence, big data applications, decision support systems in health care and operations management. He has published in multiple journals, including Decision Support Systems, Communications of the Association of Information Systems, Journal of Computing and Information Technology and Health Care Management Science. Conferences such as the annual meetings of the Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS), the Decision Sciences Institute (DSI), the Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences Healthcare (INFORMS Healthcare) and the Pre-ICIS Business Analytics Congress have accepted his papers.
For his research, he has won multiple awards including the prestigious Phoenix Doctoral Award (Oklahoma State University). He was also nominated for the Raj Soin College of Business Research Award at the Wright State University in 2017. He played a vital role in the establishment of the Data Analytics and Visualization Environment (DAVE) Lab in the Raj Soin College of Business at the Wright State University. He is currently an editorial board member of the Artificial Intelligence in Business journal and the International Journal of Experimental Algorithms (IJEA).
Dr. Asamoah is passionate about mentorship and teaching. He has developed and taught multiple courses in data science, big data applications, business intelligence and systems design and analysis. His pedagogical work, "Teaching the Foundations of Data Science: An Interdisciplinary Approach", won the runner-up position for the Best Teaching Paper Award at the 2015 Pre-ICIS Business Analytics Congress.
Dr. Asamoah is an associate editor for the Frontiers in Artificial Intellignece jorurnal and an editorial board member for the Journal of Business Analytics. He also has multiple backgrounds in wireless telecommunications and digital forensics.
- Ph.D. in Management Information Systems, William Spears School of Business, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK
- M.S. in Telecommunications Managwement, William Spears School of Business, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK
- B.S. in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, College of Engineering, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Kumasi, Ghana
- Business Intelligence/Data Mining
- Data Science for Business Applications
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Decision Support Systems
- Computer Networks and Security
- Health Informatics
- Big Data Analytics
- Electronic Social Networks
- Healthcare Decision Support Systems
- Systems Simulation
- Design Science Research
- Duberstein, S. J., Asamoah, D. A., Doran, D., & Schiller, S. Z. (2019). Finding and Validating Medical Information Shared on Twitter: Experiences Using a Crowdsourcing Approach. International Journal of Web Engineering and Technology. 14(1), 80-98
- Asamoah, D. A., Doran, D., & Schiller, S. (2018). Interdisciplinarity in Data Science Pedagogy: A Foundational Design. Journal of Computer Information Systems, 1-8.
- Asamoah, D. A., Sharda, R., Zadeh, A. H., & Kalgotra, P. (2017). Preparing a Data Scientist: A Pedagogic Experience in Designing a Big Data Analytics Course. Decision Sciences Journal of Innovative Education, 15(2), 161-190.
- Trivedi, N., Asamoah, D. A., & Doran, D. (2016). Keep the Conversations Going: Engagement-Based Customer Segmentation on Online Social Service Platforms. Information Systems Frontiers, 1-19.
- Asamoah, D. A., Sharda, R., Rude, H. N., & Doran, D. (2016). RFID-Based Information Visibility for Hospital Operations: Exploring its Positive Effects using Discrete Event Simulation. Health Care Management Science, 1-12.
- Schiller, S., Goul, M., Iyer, L., Sharda, R., Schrader, D. & Asamoah, D. (2015). Build Your Dream (not just Big) Analytics Program. Communications of the Association for Information System (forth coming)
- Asamoah, D., Doran, D. & Schiller, S. (2015). Teaching the Foundations of Data Science: An Interdisciplinary Approach. 2015 Pre-ICIS (International Conference on Information Systems) Business Analytics (BA) Congress, Fort Worth, Texas (accepted)
- Sharda, R., Asamoah, D. A. & Ponna, N. (2013). Research and Pedagogy in Business Analytics: Opportunities and Illustrative Examples. Journal of Computing and Information Technology, 21(3), 171-183
- Gupta, A., Sharda, R., Dong, Y., Sharda, R., Asamoah, D., & Pickering, B. (2013). Improving rounding in critical care environments through management of interruptions. Decision Support Systems, 55(2), 516-527
- Kasiri, N., Sharda, R., & Asamoah, D. A. (2012). Evaluating electronic health records systems: a system dynamics simulation. Simulation, 88(6), 639-648
- Asamoah, D. & Sharda, R. (2015). Adapting CRISP-DM Process for Social Network Analytics: Application to Healthcare. 2015 Americas Conference on Information Systems, Puerto Rico
- Thandapani, A., Asamoah, D. & Sharda, R. (2015). Can Social Media Support Public Health? Demonstrating Disease Surveillance using Big Data Analytics. 2015 Americas Conference on Information Systems, Puerto Rico
- Asamoah, D. & Sharda, R. (2014). The Role of Peer-to-Peer Support on Electronic Social Networks for Chronic Disease Self-Management. 45th Annual Conference of the Decision Sciences Institute. Tampa, Florida.
- Sharda, R., Asamoah, D. A. & Ponna, N. (2013). Business Analytics: Research and Teaching Perspectives. Proceedings of the ITI 2013 35th International Conference on Information Technology Interfaces. Dubrovnik, Croatia.
- Asamoah, D. A., Sharda, R. & Bukkapatnam, S. (2012). The Value of RFID Tracking Systems for Inventory Management in Healthcare. Procedings of the 43rd Annual Conference of the Decision Sciences Institute. San Francisco, California.
- Kuruvada, P., Asamoah, D., Dalal, N., & Kak, S. (2010). Learning Computational Thinking from Rapid Digital Game Creation. Proceedings of the 2nd Annual Conference on Theoretical and Applied Computer Science. Stillwater, Oklahoma.
- Dalal, N., & Asamoah, D. (2010). Examining Learning Styles in an Interactive Asynchronous Online Course. EDULEARN 2010. Barcelona, Spain.
- Data Analytics and Virtualization Environment Laboratory (DAVE)
- Association for Information Systems (AIS)
- Decision Sciences Institute (DSI)
- Institute for Operations Research and Management Science (INFORMS)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineering (IEEE)
- Top 20 Most Read Paper (2017-2018)-Decision Science Journal of Innovative Education
- Nominated for the Raj Soin College of Business Research Award at the Wright State University, 2017
- Runner-Up for Best Teaching Paper Award, Pre-ICIS Business Analytics Congress, 2015
- Research Initiation Grant Award (Wright state University), 2015
- OSU Foundation Distinguished Graduate Fellowship Award, 2014
- Phoenix Doctoral Award (Oklahoma State University), 2014
- Decision Sciences Institute New Faculty Development Consortium, 2014
- Phillips Dissertation Fellowship Award (Oklahoma State University), 2013
- Outstanding Graduate Teaching Associate Award (Spears School of Business, Oklahoma State University), 2013
- Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS) Doctorial Consortium, 2013
- Decision Sciences Institute Doctorial Consortium, 2013
- The National Scholars Honor Society (Magna Cum Laude), 2008
- German Government DAAD Scholarship, 2004
- Spacefon Scholarship Award (Merit-based award), 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004