Dr. Green, professor of Political Science, is the chair of the School of Public and International Affairs and the director of International Studies. Dr. Green’s Ph.D. is in International Studies (The University of South Carolina), and she supports the Political Science and International Studies programs in a variety of capacities, most notably promoting curricular development and advising students. Dr. Green also teaches, offering courses through Political Science on human rights, gender violence, and Africa. Students considering PLS or IS as a major are encouraged to contact her for an appointment, as are PLS and IS majors and minors with any questions or concerns.
Areas of Expertise:
- African Politics
- Gender Violence
- Human Rights
- PLS 2000 - Power and Politics
- PLS 3750/5705 - Human Rights in the U.S.
- PLS 4480/6480 - Gender Violence & American Politics
- PLS 4490/6490 - Int. Politics of Gender Violence
- PLS 4510/6510 - Contemporary African Politics
- PLS 4520/6520 - International Human Rights
- PLS 2510 - Comparative Non-Western Political & Social Systems
- B.A., 1982, University of South Carolina
- M.A., 1983, University of South Carolina
- Ph.D., 1988, University of South Carolina