Gary Burns joined the Psychology Department in 2008. Dr. Burns received his Ph.D. in Industrial and Organizational Psychology in 2006 from Central Michigan University.
Dr. Burns is the director of the Social Cognitive and Sociotechnical Behavior Modeling laboratory at Wright State University and the Workplace Personality Project (WPP). The purpose of the WPP is to explore the diverse roles of personality in the workplace to better inform practitioners about how to measure and account for personality.
Gary's research focuses on measuring and predicting individual differences and developing a better understanding of how these differences are related to organizational behavior and decision making. Current research projects focus on personality measurement, social-cognitive determinants of behavior, and the interaction between personality and culture. Applied projects focus on refinement and development of performance management systems, developing leader-culture fit, and calibrating trust.
A link to Dr. Burns's Google Scholar page can be found here.
Gary currently serves as an associate editor with the European Journal of Psychological Assessment and on the board of editors of the Journal of Business and Psychology.
- Salomé Aguilar, M.S., Research Director, Retail Teach Data Science, Walmart Labs
- Bernard Kuechler, M.S., Marketing Research Manager, U.S. Bank
- Megan Morris, Ph.D., Human Factors Professional I, Ball Aerospace & Technologies
- Jacqueline Norton, M.S., Director, Strategy - Sales adn Account Management, Express Scripts
- David Periard, Ph.D., Research Scientist, Amazon
- Crystal Quist, M.S., Senior Business Analyst, Product Owner, Infor
- Mark Roebke, M.S., Instructor of Human Systems Integration, Applied Research Solutions
- Nathalie Rousseau, M.S., Veterans Service Reprsentative, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Elizabeth Shoda, M.S., Senior Research Specialist, KBRwyle
- Logan Wandrey, M.S., Independent Program Management Consultant
- Haley Wilson, M.S., Program Manager Warfighter Readiness Division, United States Air Force