- PhD in Engineering Mechanics, Iowa State University, Ames, 2014
- MS in Mechanical Engineering, Ferdowsi University, Iran, 2008
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Ferdowsi University, Iran, 2005
- System Dynamics
- Metal Forming
- Experimental Measurements & Instrumentation
- Capstone Design I&II
- Statics of engineering
- Mechanical Design I&II
- Mechanical Testing Lab
- Structure and Properties of Materials
phase-field modeling (PFM), molecular dynamics (MD), density functional theory (DFT), continuum mechanics, finite element analysis, multiscale modeling, mechano-chemistry, electrochemistry, nanomechanics, corrosion, phase transformations, 1/2D nanomaterials, nano-sized energy generators, Li-ion batteries, defect engineering, additive manufacturing, phase change material, nanocomposites.
- PhD Dissertation Committee, 2018-now
- Promotion and Tenure Committee (elected), 2020-2021
- Hiring Committee 2015, 2017, 2020
- Research Committee, 2016-now
- WSRI Research Advisory Council, 2018-2020
- Faculty Senate Secretary, 2018-2019
- Chair of the Bylaws and Governance Committee 2017-2019
- Chair of Petition Committee 2016
- Internship Advisor 2014-2016
- Lake Campus ABET Coordinator 2015
- Technology & Library Faculty Committee, 2015-2016
- Organizing Student Filed Trips to Honda and Crown Inc., 2015
- Supervising Students at the International 1/4 Scale Tractor Student Design Competition, 2015
- Faculty Affair, 2014-2015
- Supervising senior design teams, 2014-2020
- L. Li, E. Shin, W. Wang, H. Attariani, and G. Subramanyam, Experimental Demonstration of Vanadium Dioxide Phase Change Thin Film Based Tunable Spiral Inductors, ECS J. of Solid State Sci. and Tech., 2020.
- H. Attariani, W. Wang, R. Gałek, A Thermodynamically Consistent Multi-Physics Framework for Crystallization of Phase-Change Material in PCRAMs, Journal of Crystal Growth, 2020, 542, 125687.
- H. Attariani, S Emad Rezaei, K. Momeni, Mechanical property enhancement of one-dimensional nanostructures through defect-mediated strain engineering, Extreme Mech. Letters, 2019, 27, 66.
- H. Attariani, S.E. Rezaei, K. Momeni, Defect engineering, a path to make ultra-high strength low-dimensional nanostructures, Comp. Mater. Sci, 2018, (151), 307-316.
- H. Attariani, K. Momeni, K. Adkins, Defect Engineering: A Path Toward Exceeding Perfection, ACS OMEGA, 2017, 2 (2), 663–669. (ACS Editors' Choice)
- M. Ghosh, S. Ghosh, H. Attariani, K. Momeni, M. Seibt, and G. M. Rao, Atomic defects influenced mechanics of II-VI nanocrystals, Nano Letter, 2016, 16, 5969−5974.
- K. Momeni, H. Attariani, Richard Lesar, Structural transformation in monolayer materials: A 2D to 1D transformation, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 2016, 18, 19873 - 19879.
- V. I. Levitas, H. Attariani, Anisotropic Compositional Expansion as New Mechanism of Stress Relaxation and Corresponding Chemical Potential: Large Strain Formulation and Application to Amorphous Lithiated Silicon, J. Mech. Phys. Solids, 2014, 69, 84.
- K. Momeni, H. Attariani, Electrochemical response of 1D zinc oxide nanostructures: Effect of size, geometry, and loading, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 2014, 16, 4522-4527.
- V. I. Levitas, H. Attariani, Anisotropic Compositional Expansion and Chemical Potential for Amorphous Lithiated Silicon under Stress Tensor, Scientific Reports, 2013, 3, 1615.
- V. I. Levitas, H. Attariani, H. Reply to Comment on “Mechanochemical Continuum Modeling of Nanovoid Nucleation and Growth in Reacting Nanoparticles.” J. Phys. Chemistry C, 2012, 116, 12991.
- V. I. Levitas, H. Attariani, Mechanochemical Continuum Modeling of Nanovoid Nucleation and Growth in Reacting Nanoparticles, J. Phys. Chem. C, 2012, 116 (1), 54.
- A. R. Setoodeh, H. Attariani, M. Jahanshahi, Mechanical Properties of Silicon-Germanium Nanotubes under Tensile and Compressive Loadings, J. Nano Res., 2011, 15, 105.
- A. R. Setoodeh, M. Jahanshahi, H. Attariani, Atomistic simulations of the buckling behavior of perfect and defective silicon carbide nanotubes, J. Comp. Mater. Sci., 2009, 47(2), 388.
- A. R. Setoodeh, H. Attariani, M. Khosrownejad, Nickel nanowires under uniaxial loads: A Molecular Dynamics simulation study, J. Comp. Mater. Sci., 2008, 44(2), 378.
- A. R. Setoodeh, H. Attariani, Molecular Dynamics Nanoscale Simulations of Bauschinger Effects on a Nickel nanowire, J. Mater. Lett., 2008, 62 (27), 4266.
- Society of Engineering Mechanics (SES)
- Material Research Society (MRS)
- Best Poster Award in AURCO conference, 2019
- ACS Omega Editor’s Choice Award, 2017
- Outstanding Faculty Teaching Award, 2017, Wright State University.
- 3rd place in ASEE NSE Conference, 2015, University of Central Michigan.
- Research Excellence Award, 2014, Iowa State University.
- Aerospace Excellence Award, 2014, Department of Aerospace Engineering, Iowa State University.
- 2nd place in Excellence at Graduate Research Conference (EGRC), 2011, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Iowa State University.
- 1st place in Excellence at Graduate Research Conference (EGRC), 2010, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Iowa State University.