Hari Prasad Nepal, M.D.
Dr. Nepal is an Associate Professor of Medical Education at Boonshoft School of Medicine (BSOM). He teaches Microbiology to Medical Students and also serves as a Director of Academic Support Team (AST).
Prior to joining BSOM in 2022, he served as a faculty of Microbiology and Immunology at Chitwan Medical College Teaching Hospital, Nepal and then at Trinity Medical Sciences University, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines. He has a good experience in teaching integrated organ/system-based curriculum as well as subject-based curriculum in large and small classroom settings involving traditional as well as innovative instructional strategies. He has received teaching awards from his students.
2010: M.D. (Doctor of Medicine/Residency in Microbiology and Infectious Disease), B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences, Nepal
2005: B.D.S. (Bachelor of Dental Surgery), B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences, Nepal
- Nepal HP, Evans A, Diaz L, PaudelR, Tewodros W. Knowledge of chikungunya and mosquito avoidance and control practices among newly admitted students at an offshore medical University in the Caribbean. Caribbean Medical Journal. 2021 DOI: 10.48107/CMJ.2021.06.003
- Paudel KR, Nepal HP, Shrestha B, Panta R, Toth S. Distribution and academic significance of learning approaches among pre-clinical medical students at Trinity School of Medicine, St Vincent and the Grenadines. Journal of Educational Evaluation for Health Professions. 2018; 15:9.
- Neopane P, Nepal HP, Shrestha R, UeharaO, AbikoY. In-vitro biofilm formation by Staphylococcus aureus isolated from wound of hospital admitted patients and their association with antimicrobial resistance. International Journal of General Medicine. 2018; 11: 25-32.
- Nepal HP, Neopane P, Shrestha R, Gautam R, Paudel R, Ansari S, Shrestha S, Thapa S. Biofilm formation and antimicrobial resistance in Klebsiella pneumoniae isolated from patients visiting a tertiary care center of Nepal. Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Diseases. 2017; 7(6):347-51.
- Ansari S, Gautam R, Nepal HP, Subedi SN, Shrestha S, Mandal M, Rimal B, Chhetri MR. Helicobacter pylori colonization in Nepal; assessment of prevalence and potential risk factors in a hospital-based patient cohort. BMC Research Notes. 2016; 9:59.
- Ansari S, Nepal HP, Gautam R, Shrestha S, Chhetri MR, Chapagain ML. Staphylococcus aureus: Methicillin Resistance and Small Colony Variants from Pyogenic Infections of Skin, Soft Tissue and Bone. Journal of Nepal Health Research Council. 2015 May - Aug; 13(30):126-32.
- Ansari S, Nepal HP, Gautam R, Shrestha S, Neopane P, Chapagain ML. Neonatal Septicemia in Nepal: Early-Onset versus Late-Onset. International Journal of Pediatrics. 2015; 2015: 379806.
- Ansari S, Nepal HP, Gautam R, Shrestha S, Neopane P, Gurung G, Chapagain ML. Community acquired multi drug resistant isolates of Escherichia coli in a tertiary care center of Nepal. Antimicrobial resistance and Infection Control. 2015; 4: 15.
- Ansari S, Nepal HP, Gautam R, Shrestha S, Neopane P, Rimal B, Mandal F, Ansari SR, Chapagain ML. Childhood septicemia in Nepal: documenting the bacterial etiology and its susceptibility to antibiotics. International Journal of Microbiology. 2014; 452648.
- Nepal HP, Khanal B, Sharma SK, Gyawali N, Jha PK, Paudel R. Peritonitis in a continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis (CAPD) patient by two different species of Enterococci- A rare finding. Indian Journal of Nephrology. 2014; 24(5):324-26.
- Nepal HP, Ansari S, Gyawali N, Gautam R, Paudel R, Shrestha S, Rimal B, Acharya A, Chapagain ML, Taylor-Robinson AW. Detection of IgM against dengue virus in clinically suspected patients presenting at a tertiary care center, Narayani Zone, Nepal. Journal of Tropical Diseases & Public Health. 2014; 2(3):139.
- Poudyal N, Gyawali N, Nepal HP, Gurung R, Pandey S, Amatya R, Timilsina S, Bhattacharya SK. Risk for developing tuberculosis among intravenous drug users with Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) infection. Journal of AIDS & HIV Research. 2014; 6(5):104-8.
- Ansari S, Nepal HP, Gautam R, Raymajhi N, Shrestha S, Upadhyay G, Acharya A, Chapagain ML. Threat of drug resistant Staphylococcus aureus to health in Nepal. BMC Infectious Diseases. 2014, 14:157.
- Tandukar S, Ansari S, Adhikari N, Shrestha A, Gautam J, Sharma B, Rajbhandarai D, Gautam S, Nepal HP, Sherchand JB. Intestinal Parasitosis in school children of Lalitpur district of Nepal. BMC Research Notes. 2013; 6:449.
- Nepal HP, Khanal B, Acharya A. Characterization and antimicrobial resistance of clinical isolates of enterococci in a tertiary care hospital in eastern Nepal. Health Renaissance. 2013; 11(1):17-22.
- Nepal HP, Khanal B, Acharya A, Gyawali N, Jha PK, Paudel R. High-level gentamicin resistance and vancomycin resistance in clinical isolates of enterococci in a tertiary care hospital in eastern Nepal. Nepal Medical College Journal. 2012; 14(1):60-3.
- Gyawali N, Amatya R, Nepal HP. Intestinal parasitosis in school going children of Dharan Municipality, Nepal. Tropical Gastroenterology. 2009; 30(3):145-7.
- American Society for Microbiology (2016-present)
- Microbiology Society (2021-present)
- International Association of Medical Science Educators (IAMSE) (2015-present)
- World Society for Virology (2021-Present)
- Nepal Medical Association (2007-present)
- Nepal Dental Association (2007-present)
- Best Premedical Faculty Award: received from Student Government Association (SGA) of Trinity School of Medicine, St. Vincent and the Grenadines (Fall 2017)
- Best Term 3 and 4 (MD) Professor award: received from Student Government Association (SGA) of Trinity School of Medicine, St. Vincent and the Grenadines (Summer 2016)
- Research Grant/Dissemination Awards: received from Trinity Medical Sciences University (St. Vincent and the Grenadines (2016-2022)
- Full Scholarship during MD
- Full Scholarship during BDS
- Best student scholarship awards during High School: Tuition waived grade 1-12