Dr. Hong Huang obtained her PhD from Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands, MS from Institute of Physics, Chinese Academy of Science, BS from Peking University, China. She worked as postdoctoral researcher at Delft University of Technology and research associate at Stanford University before joining Wright State University in 2007.
AREAS OF INTEREST
Education: Materials Science and Engineering, Multidisciplinary Science and Engineering;
Research: Advanced Materials Engineering and Devices for Applications to Energy, Environment, Health and Electronics: nanostructure, interface science, mass or charge transport, thermodynamics and kinetics, defect chemistry, electrochemistry
Structure and Properties of Materials I, Materials Characterization + Lab, Ceramics, Materials Corrosion,
Energy Materialsd, Fuel Cell Science and Technology, Electrochemical Energy Storage, Experimental Nanomaterials & Nanoscience (Lab),
Thermodynamics I, Statics
Have secured and directed in 20 research grants with over $ 3 million external funds. Research, covering both fundamental and practical aspects, extends in the fields of novel nanomaterials, polymeric composites, ionic liquids, and thin films for the applications to energy, environment, health, and electronics.
- Ryan R. Kohlmeyer, Gregory A. Horrocks, Aaron J. Blake, Zhenning Yu, Benji Maruyama, Hong Huang, Michael F. Durstock, “Pushing the thermal limits of Li-ion Batteries", Nature Energy, 64, 103927, 2019
- Jeremy Lee*, Thomas Howell, Michael Rottmayer, John Boeckl, and Hong Huang, “Free-Standing LAGP/PEO/LiTFSI Composite Electrolyte Membranes For Applications to Flexible Solid-State Lithium-based Batteries”, J. Electrochem. Soc., 166(2), A416-A422, 2019
- A. Blake, R. Kohlmeyer, L. Drummy, J. Carpenal, Benji Maruyama, R Shahbazian-Yassar, H. Huang, M. Durstock, “Creasable Batteries: Understanding Failure Modes through Dynamic Electrochemical Mechanical Testing”, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 8 (8), 5196–5204, 2016
- A. Blake and H. Huang, “Chemical Fabrication and Electrochemical Characterization of Graphene Nanosheets Using a Lithium Battery Platform”, J. Chem. Educ., 92 (2), pp 355–359, 2015
- Z. Ji, J. Myers, K. Brockdorf, N. Engel*, H. Huang, S. Mou, Y. Zhuang, “Microwave Imaging of Etching Induced Surface Impedance Modulation of Graphene Monolayer”, J. Vacuum Science & Technology A, 36, 05G508, 2018
- Z. Yao, Y. Guo, Y. Yang, H. Huang, D. Qu, MnOx-CeOx nanoparticles on graphene aerogel for selective catalytic reduction of nitric oxides, J. Nanomaterials, 4239764, 2019
- Z. Yao, D. Qu, Y. Guo, H. Huang, Flexible, Indium-free perovskite solar cells using solution-processed transparent graphene electrodes, J. Mater Sci, 54, 11564-11573, 2019
- T. Y. Hill*, T. L. Reitz, and H. Huang, “Controlling Micro Ceramic Patterns via Multiple/Sequential Drop-on-Demand Inkjet Printing of Dilute Colloidal Suspensions”, Materials Research Bulletin, 84, 437-444, 2016
- X. Jiang, H. Huang, F. B. Prinz, and S. F. Bent, “Application of Atomic Layer Deposition of Platinum to Solid Oxide Fuel Cells”, Chem. Mater., 20, 3897-3905, 2008
- H. Huang, M. Nakamura, P. Su, R. Fashing, Y. Saito, and F. B. Prinz, “High-Performance Ultrathin Solid Oxide Fuel Cells for Low Temperature Operation”, J. Electrochem. Soc., 154(1), B20-27, 2007
Have over 150 publications on various professional venues, including many highly - impact journal papers, peer-reviewed conference papers, book chapters, patents, conference abstracts/poster, and invited presentations, with an accumulated citation rate of 2990 (according to Google Scholar as of Feb 2021).
· Recipient of Oustandinf Faculty Awards, College of Engineering and Computer Science, Wright State University, 2017
· Nominee to the University Teaching Awards, nominated by the College of Engineering and Computer Science, Wright State University, 2015
· Air Force Research Laboratory Summer Faculty Fellowship, 2011
· National Science and Technology Awards, Chinese Academy of Science, 1999
· WOTRO Research Fellowship, Dutch Organization for Scientific Research, 1997
· Sciences & Technology Awards to Excellent Youths, Chinese Ceramic Society, 1996
· President Prize Excellent Youths in Sci. and Res., Chinese Academy of Sciences, 1992
Actively perform professional services at regional, national, and international levels from symposium organization, journal/proposal/book review, and journal editorial boards, in additional to academic/educational services within the university, college, and departmental committees. Also volunteered in many educational and cultural outreach activities.