Jeffrey P Guina, MD
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology Diplomate, 2014
- Psychiatry Residency, Wright State University, 2014
- Doctor of Medicine, Wayne State University, 2010
- Bachelor of Science (biochemistry), University of Detroit Mercy, 2006
- Bachelor of Arts (history), University of Detroit Mercy, 2006
- Major, U.S. Air Force, Medical Corps., 2007-Present
Professional Society Memberships
- American Psychiatric Association
- American Academy of Psychiatry and the Law
- Ohio Psychiatric Physicians Association
- Dayton Psychiatric Society
- AFMC Physician Educator of the Year, 2015
- Ohio Psychiatric Physicians Foundation Research Award, 2014
- Journal of Psychiatric Practice Research Award, 2014
Course Director/Curriculum Development
- Clinical psychiatry research elective (MS4, PGY1-4), 2014-2017
- Continuing medical education (PGY1), 2016-2017
- Introduction to research (PGY2), 2016-2017
- Introduction to research (PGY3), 2014-2016
- Neurobiology II: psychobiology (PGY3), 2014-2017
- Borderline personality disorder (PGY3), 2015-2017
- Supportive psychotherapy (PGY1/3), 2014-2017
- CAP Research (PGY3-5), 2016-2017
- Legal issues in psychiatry II (PGY4), 2014-2017
- Legal issues in psychiatry I (PGY1), 2014-2017
- Advanced psychopharmacology (PGY3), 2014-2017
- Consult and liason psychiatry (PGY2), 2014-2015
- Trauma and recovery (PGY4), 2014-2017
- Classic papers in psychiatry (PGY3), 2014-2015
- Emergency psychiatry (PGY1), 2014-2015
- Differential diagnosis and formulation (PGY3), 2014-2015
- Outpatient clinical supervisor (PGY1-4, psychology, social work), 2014-2016
- On-call/emergency clinical supervisor (PGY1-2, psychology, social work), 2014-2016
- Forensic/occupational evaluation supervisor (PGY3-4, psychology, social work), 2014-2016
- Psychotherapy supervisor (PGY2-4), 2014-2016
- Research advisor (MS3-4, PGY3-4), 2014-2016
- Psychiatry residency applicant selection committee, 2012-2017
- Psychiatry research strategic planning committee (Chair), 2015-2016
- Psychiatry research education committee, 2015-2016
- Psychiatry academic improvement team, 2015-2017
- Psychiatry ACGME milestone clinical competency committee, 2014-2016
- Psychiatry clinical skills evaluation/verification action plan (Co-leader), 2014-2015
- Psychiatry didactics review committee, 2014
- Psychiatry program evaluation committee, 2014
- Psychiatry residency training committee, 2013-2014
- Premier Health Partners psychiatry consultion & liaison workgroup, 2013-2014
- Psychiatry psychotherapy training committee, 2012-2013
- Traumatic stress disorders
- Addictive disorders
- Personality disorders
- Forensic psychiatry
- Guina J. (Dec 2015). Psychopharmacology for non-prescribers: what you need to know. Dayton Area Psychological Association Workshop. Presentation conducted from Wright State University School of Professional Psychology, Dayton.
- Guina J. (Nov 2015). Sex Differences in PTSD: DSM-5 Symptomatology and Suicide. Dayton Psychiatric Society Meeting. Presentation conducted from Dayton Psychiatric Society, Dayton.
- Zeola MP, Guina J, Nahhas RW. (Oct 2015). Mental health referrals reduce recidivism in juvenile offenders… but how do we decide who gets referred? 46th Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Psychiatry and the Law. Presentation conducted from Marriott Resort, Ft. Lauderdale.
- Guina J. (May 2015). Posttraumatic stress disorder and substance use disorders. Dayton Police Department Crisis Intervention Team Training. Presentation conducted from ADAMHS Board of Montgomery County, Dayton.
- Zeola MP, Guina J, Nahhas RW. (2016). Mental Health Referrals Reduce Recidivism in First-Time Juvenile Offenders, but How Do We Determine Who is Referred? Psychiatric Quarterly, May, 1-19.
- Guina J, Welton RS, Broderick PJ, Correll TL, Peirson RP. (2016). DSM-5 Criteria and its Implications for Diagnosing PTSD in Military Service Members and Veterans. Current Psychiatry Reports, 18(5), 1-9.
- Guina J, Rossetter SR, DeRhodes BJ, Nahhas RW, Welton RS. (2015). Benzodiazepines for PTSD: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Journal of Psychiatric Practice, 21(3), 281-303.
- Guina J, Kay J. (2012). Ethical Issues and the Delivery of Mental Health Services to College Students. Harvard Health Policy Review, 13, 7-10.