Marietta Orlowski, Ph.D., MCHES, is Chair and Professor in the Department of Population & Public Health Sciences and served as the director of the health promotion and education concentration in the Master of Public Health program. In May 2016, the Ohio Public Health Association recognized her for Distinguished Service in Health Education.
Dr. Orlowski’s research involves health behavior measurement and risk reduction in children and adolescents. She has collaborated with local school districts on federally funded projects to improve school-based nutrition and has been invited to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to present her research in tobacco prevention. Dr. Orlowski enjoys working with graduate students on community-based evaluation projects and many of these students have presented their work at national and state conferences.
Dr. Orlowski completed her doctorate in health promotion and education, with a cognate in health care administration, at The Ohio State University. She has an M.A. from Morehead State University and a B.S. from the University of Cincinnati. Prior to coming to Wright State, Dr. Orlowski was the Director of Health Education for Middletown Regional Health System and implemented community-based risk reduction programs throughout southwest Ohio. She also practiced as a health educator in eastern Kentucky. Dr. Orlowski is a member of the American Public Health Association and the Society for Public Health Education.
- Social and Behavioral Determinants of Health
- Health Program Planning & Evaluation
- Risk reduction in children and adolescents
- Building capacity for community-based program evaluation
- Theoretical framework of public health programs and policy
Ph.D., Health Promotion and Education, The Ohio State University
M.A., Health, Physical Education and Recreation, Morehead State University
B.S., Health Promotion and Education, University of Cincinnati
- Association of Schools and Programs of Public Health
- Society for Public Health Education
- Ohio Chapter of Society for Public Health Education
- American Public Health Association
- Ohio Public Health Association
- National Commision for Health Education Credentialing