Tim Crawford, Ph.D., MPH
Timothy N. Crawford, Ph.D., M.P.H. is an Assistant Professor in the Departments of Family Medicine and Population and Public Health Sciences at Wright State University’s Boonshoft School of Medicine. Dr. Crawford is an epidemiologist and biostatistician who has experience collaborating with a number of researchers across a number of fields. His research interest lies at the intersection of HIV, race, and age. His research focuses on examining the impact of HIV-related stigma and other forms of discrimination (e.g., racism, ageism) on engagement in HIV care. Specifically, he is interested in understanding how stigma and discrimination impedes optimal engagement in HIV care among older African Americans living with HIV.
Ph.D., Biostatistics and Epidemiology, University of Kentucky, 2012
M.P.H., Epidemiology, University of Kentucky, 2009
B.S., Microbiology, University of Tennessee, 2007
Current Research Projects:
African American Older Adults Living with HIV: Exploring Intersectional Stigma and HIV Care Outcomes (IRB Number: 07117)
Internalized HIV Stigma and Viral Suppression: Examining the Mediating and Moderating Roles of Social Support, Substance Use, and Depressive Symptoms
Multimorbidity HIV/AIDS Epidemiology HIV and Aging HIV-Related Stigma
Alcohol and Substance Use Intersectional Stima LGBTQ Health and Wellbeing
Mediation Analysis Longitudinal Data Analysis
PPH 6100 - Biostatistics for Public Health Professionals
PPH 7150 - Applied Epidemiology (Chronic Disease Epidemiology)
- Bricker DA, Crawford TN, Castle A, Anderson M, James AM, Hershberger PJ. (2023). PRESTO: Promoting Engagement for the Safe Tapering of Opioids. Pain. Jun 15. doi: 10.1097/j.pain.0000000000002961. Online ahead of print
- Hall LA, Ridner SL, Crawford TN. (2023). The Psychometric Properties of the World Health Organization Quality of Life-Bref Questionnaire in College Students. Journal of Nursing Measurement. Jun 22; JNM-2022-0062.R1. doi: 10.1891/JNM-2022-0062. Online ahead of print.
- Walk CT, Nowak R, Parikh PP, Crawford TN, Woods RJ. (2023). Perception versus Reality: A Review of Narcotic Prescribing Habits After Common Laparoscopic Surgeries. Journal of Surgical Research. Mar; 283:188-193 doi: 10.1016/j.jss.2022.10.049. Epub 2022 Nov 18. PMID: 36410235.
- Crawford TN, Silverstein S, Spaulding T, Cheribin D, Murray T, Rivera J, Wilcher K. (2022). Exploring the Impact of Experiences with Every day and Major Discrimination and HIV-related Stigma on Engagement in HIV Care among Older African Americans Living with HIV. Journal of Racial and Ethnic Health Disparities. Jul 25. doi: 10.1007/s40615-022-01373-9. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 35876984.
- Evola CM, Repas SJ, Dickman J, George M, Viaud-Murat E, Hershberger P, Crawford TN, Conway K. (2022). Perceptions of the SARS-CoV2 Pandemic: A Small Comparative Survey Analysis between Language Preference Populations in a United States Community Health Center. Pathogens and Global Health. DOI: 10.1080/20477724.2022.2088500.
- Mitchell B, Utterback L, Hibbeler P, Logsdon AR, Smith PF, Harris LM, Castle B, Kerr J, Crawford TN. (2022). Patient-Identified Markers of Quality Care: Improving HIV Service Delivery for Older African Americans. Journal of Racial and Ethnic Health Disparities. Jan21:1-12. DOI: 10.1007/s40615-022-01237-2. Online ahead of print. PMID: 35064521.
- Harris LM, Silverstein SM, Crawford TN, Kerr JC, Ball D. (2021). Exploring the Impacts of Alcohol and Other Drug Use on HIV Care among Older African American Adults Living with HIV/AIDS. Journal Association of Nurses AIDS Care. DOI: 10.1097/JNC.000000000000319. Online ahead of print. PMID: 34907970.
Society for Epidemiologic Research
American Statistical Association
2021, Presidential Award for Faculty Excellence: Early Career Achievement, Wright State University
2018, Lyman T Johnson Torch of Excellence Award - University of Kentucky
2015, Clinical Research Scholar, NIH Loan Repayment Award - National Institutes on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism
2013, Delta Omega - University of Kentucky