Dr. Zifeng Yang is an assistant professor in the Department of Mechancial and Material Engineering at Wright State University since 2011. His research interests include development of advanced fluid diagnostic techniques, biological fluid measurements, hemodynamics, film cooling for gas turbine blade, wind turbine technology and Micro Air Vehicles.
PhD, Aerospace Engineering, Iowa State University, 2009
M.S., Aerospace Engineering, Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, 2006
B.S., Aerospace Engineering, Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, 2003
1. Fluid Dynamics (ME3350/5350)
2. Advanced Fluid Dynamics (ME7300)
3. Thermal Fluids Labratory (ME4610/6610)
4. Experimental Measurements and Instrumentation (ME3600/5600)
5. Aerospace Propulsion (ME4440/6440)
1. Blood flow velocimetry
2. Novel wind turbine technology
3. Advanced Flow Diagnostic Technologies
4. Micro Air Vehicle
Technical Co-Chair, 33rd Applied Aerodynamics Conference at Aviation 2015.
AIAA, Applied Aerodynamics Technical Committee
American Physical Society Member
Reviewer for Experiment in Fluids, Renewable Energy, Experimental Thermal Fluid Science, Thermal Science, Energies, Journal of Thermodynamics and Heat Transfer, Journal of Fluids Engineering, Journal of Aerospace Power, Journal of Aerospace Engineering, International Journal of Aerospace Engineering, International Journal of Micro Air Vehicle, Science China: Physics, Mechanics & Astronomy, European Journal of Mechanics, Acta Mechanica Sinica etc.
Scott (Shihkang) Huang
- Z. Yang (2017) Optical Flow Method for Blood Flow Velocimetry Based on Digital X-ray Subtraction Angiography: A Brief Review. Research & Reviews: Journal of Medical and Health Sciences.
- Z. Yang, H. Yu, G. Huang, B. Ludwig (2017) Divergence Compensatory Optical Flow Method for Blood Velocimetry. Journal of Biomedical Engineering, 139: 061005-2.
- M. Johnson and Z. Yang (2017) Hybrid particle image velocimetry with the combination of cross-correlation and optical flow method. Journal of Visualization, 20(3): 625-638. DOI 10.1007/s12650-017-0417-7.
- F. Chen, H. Liu, Z. Yang, H. Hu (2017) Tracking characteristics of tracer particles for PIV measurements in supersonic flows. Chinese Journal of Aeronautics, DOI 10.1016/j.cja.2016.12.033.
- L. Shi, C. Uy, S. Huang, Z. Yang, G. Huang, and C. Wen (2016) Experimental investigation on flow characteristics of a four-wing micro air vehicle. International Journal of Micro Ari Vehicles, 8(3): 181-193.
- Yu, H., Huang, G., Yang, Z., Liang, F., Ludwig, B. (2016) The influence of normal and early vascular aging on hemodynamic characteristics in cardio- and cerebro-vascular systems. Journal of Biomechanical Engineering, 138(6): 061002.
- Z. Yang, H. Yu, G. Huang, R. Schwieterman, B. Ludwig (2015) Computational fluid dynamics simulation of intracranial aneurysms - comparing size and shape. Journal of Costal Life Medicine, Vol. 3, No. 3, 245-252.
- Z. Yang, M. Ninno, Z. Wen, H. Hu (2014) An Experimental Investigation on the Multiphase flows and Turbulent Mixing in a Flat-panel Photobioreactor for Algae Cultivation, Journal of Applied Phycology, Vol. 26, 2097-2107. DOI 10.1007/s10811-014-0239-0.
- Z. Yang, and H. Hu, (2012) An Experimental Investigation on the Trailing Edge Cooling of Turbine Blades, Propulsion and Power Research, Vol.1, No.1, pp36-47.
- Z. Yang, P. Sarkar, H. Hu (2012), Visualization of Tip Vortices in a Wind Turbine Wake, Journal of Visualization, Vol.15, No.15, pp.39-44.
- H. Hu, Z. Yang, P. Sarkar (2012), Dynamic Wind Loads and Wake Characteristics of a Wind Turbine Model in an Atmospheric Boundary Layer Wind, Experiments in Fluids, Vol. 52, No.5, pp1277-1294.
- H. Hu, Z. Yang, H. Igarashi and M. Martin, (2011), An Experimental Study of Stall Hysteresis of a Low-Reynolds-Number Airfoil, International Journal of Aerospace and Lightweight Structures, Vol.1, No.2, pp.221-238.
- H. Hu, Z. Yang, P. Sarkar and F. Haan (2011), Characterization of the Flow Fields around a Gable-roof Building Model in Tornado-like Winds, Experiments in Fluids, Vol. 51, No.3, pp. 835-851.
- Z. Yang, P. Sarkar, H. Hu (2011), An Experimental Study of a High-Rise Building Model in Tornado-like Winds, Journal of Fluids and Structures, Vol. 27, No. 4, pp. 471-486.
- Z. Yang & H. Hu (2011), Study of Trailing-Edge Cooling Using Pressure Sensitive Paint Technique, Journal of Power and Propulsion,Vol. 27, No. 3, pp.700-709.
- Z. Yang, P. Sarkar and H. Hu (2010), Visualization of Flow Structures around a Gable-roofed Building Model in Tornado-like Winds, Journal of Visualization, Vol.13, No. 4: 285-288.
- Z. Yang & H. Hu (2008), Laminar Flow Separation and Transition on a Low-Reynolds-Number Airfoil, AIAA Journal of Aircraft, Vol.45, No. 3: 1067 - 1070.
- H. Hu & Z. Yang (2008), An Experimental Study of the Laminar Flow Separation on a Low-Reynolds-Number Airfoil. Journal of Fluids Engineering, Vol.130, No. 5, 051101.
- H. Hu, Z. Yang, H. Igarashi (2007), Aerodynamic Hysteresis of a Low-Reynolds-Number Airfoil, AIAA Journal of Aircraft, Vol. 44, No.6, pp2083-2086.
- X. Sun, Z. Yang, X. Wang (2007), Effect of Fan Outlet Guide Vane on the Acoustic Treatment Design in Aeroengine Nacelle. Journal of Sound and Vibration, 302(2007): 287-312.
- Yang Zi-Feng, Wang Xiao-Yu, Sun Xiao-Feng (2006), Effect of finite-length casing treatment on cascade aero-elastic stability, Journal of Aerospace Power, Vol. 21, No.6, pp. 1027-1032.
- Best Presentation Award, 12th Annual ASME Dayton Engineering Science Symposiums, 2017
- USAF Summer Faculty Fellowship Award, AFOSR, 2015
- USAF Summer Faculty Fellowship Award, AFOSR, 2014
- Best Presentation Award, 38th AIAA Dayton Cincinnati Aerospace Science Symposium, 2013.
- Best Presentation Award, 8th Annual ASME Dayton Engineering Science Symposium, 2012.
- Best Presentation Award, 7th Annual ASME Dayton Engineering Science Symposium, 2012.