Inserting an image
- At the bottom of your editing screen, you can upload your image as shown in the image below.
- Once your image is uploaded, you will use the id# found in the file information as seen below.
- You can now type the following "code" into the field [image id=###] with the id number from above in place of ###.
- You can add a caption into the code: [image id=### caption="type caption here"]
- You can align the photo (left or right): [image id=### caption="type caption here" align=right]
- Below is an example of the code used to insert an image.
[image id=1858 caption="Nate snowblowing his driveway in northern Michigan"]
You can see how this code looks at https://people.wright.edu/nate.jorgensen.
Callouts showcase snippets of text like quotes or lists. Below is an example.
- Type the following "code" into the field where you'd like the callout to appear:
[callout title="Title"] Your important information will be set apart from the body copy for easy scanning. [/callout]
- Replace the title and information with the text you would like to show in the callout.
- That's it!
Inserting a Video
- Type the following "code" into the field where you'd like the video to appear:
[video url="YouTube URL" size="large" caption="Caption goes here."]
- Replace the text "YouTube URL" with the web address of your YouTube video. For example: "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dgIHnKtAJs"
- You can adjust the size of the video by changing "large" to "small" or "medium".
- That's it!
Inserting a Photo Set from Flickr
The Photo shortcode allows you to easily add Flickr photo albums to a page while also providing a consistant overlay feature to view the full image. The ArtsGala photo/video page has many examples of the photo sets embedded in it. If you would like to use photo albums on your site and do not have an existing Flickr account, please contact the Office of Marketing and we can set up an account for you. If your department has an existing account you may certainly use it, but if whomever manages your Flickr account leaves the university, it may be impossible to manage that existing profile.
The primary method is to put the photos into a Flickr album and then use the set id similar to the following tag. The ID is the ID of the album you want to display and the count is how many will display on this page. If you do not include the count attribute, all images in that set will show. Once in the overlay you can see all of the photos in that album, even if the count only shows a few.
The Flickr album (set) ID can be found in the URL string in Flickr:
[photos type=set id=72157632180315200 count=6]
If you want to add photo titles and descriptions from Flickr (have to be added in Flickr first) and have them show, add this code after the count (or set id# if you don't have a count specified):
thumbnail-captions=yes hide-date=yes overlay-captions=yes
Insert audio using Soundcloud
You can insert audio onto a page like in ArtsGala or the example below.
This can be done by using Soundcloud and using the short code [audio]. Below is an example code from ArtsGala.
- Locate a track you would like to have displayed on a page off of Soundcloud. ArtsGala Soundcloud »
- Use the URL of that page as the 'src' value for the [audio] shortcode.
Assigning someone else to manage your profile
You can assign another user the ability to update your profile through the following steps.
- Log in and edit your profile as normal.
- In the editing screen, click the "Advanced" tab near the top.
- Begin typing a name in the field under Profile Curators.
- A list of possible matches will drop down. Click your intended curator.
- Click "Save Profile" at bottom of page.
If you have any questions or concerns, click Web Team Support at the bottom of this webpage.