Terry L Oroszi, M.S., Ed.D.
Healthcare and Homeland Security (Domestic Extremism, Crisis Decision-Making, CBRN, and Leadership) Researcher, Speaker, & Published Author. https://www.linkedin.com/in/dr-terry-l-oroszi or https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Oroszi
Bio: Dr. Terry Oroszi is a faculty member and director at Boonshoft School of Medicine, part of Wright State University in Dayton, Ohio. Her subject matter expertise is Homeland Security. As part of her role at BSOM, she serves as Director of the graduate and the Chemical Biological, Radiological, Nuclear (CBRN) Defense Programs. She started her career in the Army, transitioned to the laboratory doing molecular genetics work, and merged her military and science experiences to develop the homeland security focus for the medical school and the department of Pharmacology and Toxicology.
Dr. Oroszi has several collaborations with the military, industry, academia, and the government in the areas of CBRN, terrorism, and crisis decision-making. She is the founder and chair of The Dayton Think Tank, a gathering of the top 50 crisis leaders in the region. As a civilian, Oroszi has received training from the FBI through two programs in 2018 and 2019 and recently stepped down as president of the Dayton InfraGard chapter to be part of the InfraGard National Members Alliance Board as the new INMA secretary.
Oroszi and has shared her research on American terrorists with NSA, at Quantico, and members of Congress in DC. Her subject matter expertise in terrorism and crisis leadership has been recognized in media, including print, web, and T.V., and as an invited speaker at national conferences for military, government, and industry leaders. Along with several journal publications, she is a co-editor and contributing author of “Weapons of Mass Psychological Destruction and the People that Use Them,” Praeger ABC-Clio, The American Terrorist: Everything You Need to Know to be a Subject Matter Expert, Greylander Press (a book covering 4 years of dedicated research on American citizens charged with acts related to terrorism).
In her free time, Oroszi started writing a fiction series about a female FBI agent that is frankly not a very good agent. She drops cover, occasionally loses her temper, and has a few too many unsanctioned kills. Operation Stormfront: From Weatherman to Wall Street, book one in the series was published June 2019, and book two, Operation Deep Dive: Back into the Past published Sept 2019, and novella book 2.5, Mr. Smith Goes to North Korea, published Oct. 2019, and her first graphic novel, based on Operation Stormfront, March 2020.
1. Oroszi, T.L. (2020) Operation Stormfront: From Weatherman to Wall Street THE GRAPHIC NOVEL. Greylander Press, LLC. (E-book, Print)
3. Oroszi, T.L. (2019), Operation Deep Dive: A Step into the Past. Greylander Press, LLC (Print, and E-book)
4. Oroszi, T.L. (2019), Operation Stormfront: From Weatherman to Wall Street. Greylander Press, LLC (Print, Audiobook, and E-book)
5. Oroszi, T. L., & Ellis, D. H. (2019), The American Terrorist: Everything You Need to Know to be a Subject Matter Expert. Greylander Press, LLC. (Print, Audiobook, and E-book)
6. James, L. & Oroszi, T., (Eds.), (2015), Weapons of Mass Psychological Destruction and The People That Use Them, Praeger, Santa Barbara, CA Praeger Publishing
7. Sucheta Sachdeva; Tyler D. Green; Terry L. Oroszi (2021), The Health and Productivity Effects of Remote Work on Clinical Research Associates, Clinical Researcher, (Volume 35, Issue 7)
8. Miller M, Romine W, Oroszi T. Public Discussion of Anthrax on Twitter: Using Machine Learning to Identify Relevant Topics and Events. JMIR Public Health Surveill. 2021 Jun 18;7(6):e27976. doi: 10.2196/27976. PMID: 34142975.
9. Eldalal, O., Oyebanji, O., Thapa, P., Oroszi, T. (2020) Overview of SARS-Cov-2 outbreak and potential therapeutic strategies, Global Journal of Health Science Vol. 12, No. 13
10. Oroszi, T. (2020), Competency-Based Education, Creative Education, 11, 2467-2476. doi: 10.4236/ce.2020.1111181
11. Oroszi, T. (2020), Power in the Workplace, Finding an Alternative to the Iron Fist, Open Journal of Leadership, Vol. 9, No. 2, PP. 97-112
12. Oroszi, T. (2020), Disruption Innovation and Theory, Journal of Service Science and Management, Vol. 13, No. 4, PP. 449 – 458.
13. Oroszi, T. (2020), Group Interaction, and Behavior in Meetings: A New Assessment Tool to Monitor Group Behavior, Creative Education, Vol. 11, No. 4, PP. 596-604.
14. Oroszi, T. (2020), Egos at the Table, a Study of Meeting Behaviors, Psychology. Vol.11 No. 4, PP. 636-645.
15. Oroszi, T. (2020), Organizational Meeting Style is Not Conducive to Group Decision Making, Advances in Applied Psychology, Vol. 10 No. 4, PP. 115-127.
16. Eldalal OA, Mosa FES, Oyebanji OA, Mahajan AS, Oroszi TL (2020), The Correlation between Pharmacological Parameters of Oxycodone and Opioid Epidemic. J Pharma Pharma Sci: 4: 186. DOI: 10.29011/2574-7711.100086
17. Kassem, S., Oroszi, T. (2019), Possible Therapeutic use of Bumetanide in the Treatment of Autism Spectrum Disorder. Journal of Biosciences and Medicines, Vol.7 No.12, PP. 58-67.
18. Ismail, H., Oroszi, T. (2019), Addiction Treatment and Crimes. Research and Reviews on Healthcare, J4(3), PP 349 – 356. http://dx.doi.org/10.32474/RRHOAJ.2019.04.000186
19. Mari, W., S. Younes, J. Naqvi, A. A. Issa, T. L. Oroszi, D. R. Cool, J. B. Travers, and R. Simman. (2019), Use of a Natural Porcine Extracellular Matrix with Negative Pressure Wound Therapy Hastens the Healing Rate in Stage 4 Pressure Ulcers. Wounds: a compendium of clinical research and practice.
20. Oroszi, T. (2018), A preliminary analysis of high-stakes decision-making for crisis leadership. Journal of Business Continuity & Emergency Planning, 11(4), PP. 335 – 359.
21. Alsabri, S. G., Mari, W. O., Younes, S., Alsadawi, M. A., & Oroszi, T. L. (2017), Kinetic and dynamic description of caffeine. Journal of Caffeine Research. https://doi.org/10.1089/jcr.2017.0011
22. Sherif, A., Benhammuda, M., Fares, S. and Oroszi, T.L. (2017), Cardiovascular diseases and radiations. Journal of Biosciences and Medicines, 5, PP. 72-77. https://doi.org/10.4236/jbm.2017.52007
23. Senador, D., Key, M., Oroszi, T., Elased, K. M., & Morris, M. (2009), Role of Circulating and Renal RAS in Blood Pressure Maintenance in ACE Overexpressing Mice. In Hypertension (Vol. 54, No. 4, pp. E68-E68).
24. Senador, D., Oroszi, T., Key, M., Elased, K. M., & Morris, M. (2007), Angiotensinergic control of blood pressure in mice overexpressing ACE. Hypertension, 50(4), E143-E143.
25. Chen, Y., Oroszi, T., & Morris, M. (2006), Salt consumption increases blood pressure and abolishes the light/dark rhythm in angiotensin AT1a receptor-deficient mice. Physiology & Behavior, 88(1), 95-100.
26. Oroszi, T. (2016), A Pilot Study of High-Stakes Decision-Making for Crisis Leadership (Doctoral dissertation, Wright State University).
Editorials and other
27. Miller, M., Oroszi, T., Romaine, W., Williams, K., (2019), Ignorance is the parent of fear: utilizing social media in response, CBRNe World, Falcon Communications UK, Winchester, United Kingdom, August, p. 19-22.
28. Oroszi, T. (2018), Healthcare Professionals Speak to the Need for CBRN Training. NCT Chemical, Biological, Radiological & Nuclear Warfare Newsletter, 6/5/2108.
Chapters in Books
29. Oroszi, T. & Ellis, D. (2020), The Mindset of a Terrorist. In Norton, R. & Mauroni, A (eds), Agroterrorism: National Defense Assessment, Strategies, and Capabilities. United States Air Force Center for Strategic Deterrence Studies Maxwell Air Force Base, Alabama. (pp. 29-42) (ISBN|978-0-9914849-5-9)
30. Oroszi, T. (2019), Contextual Factors Influencing CBRN Leadership Decision-Making. In Lukey, B. J., Romano Jr, J. A., & Salem, H. (Eds.). Chemical Warfare Agents: Biomedical and Psychological Effects, Medical Countermeasures, and Emergency Response, CRC Press (ISBN|9781498769211)
31. Oroszi T.L., Shoenleben J., James L.C. (2018), Increasing Healthy Exercise in the Primary Care Setting. In: Duckworth M., O'Donohue W. (eds), Behavioral Medicine, and Integrated Care. Springer, Cham (ISBN|978-3-319-93003-9)
32. James, L. & Oroszi, T., (2015), Introduction. In Weapons of Mass Psychological Destruction and the People That Use Them (pp. 3-6), Praeger Publishing (ISBN|978-1-4408-3755-5)
33. James, L. & Oroszi, T., (2015), Defining Weapons of Mass Psychological Destruction. In Weapons of Mass Psychological Destruction and the People That Use Them (pp. 8-22), Praeger Publishing. (ISBN|978-1-4408-3755-5)
34. Holman, M., James, L. & Oroszi, T., (2015), Who Becomes a Terrorist. In Weapons of Mass Psychological Destruction and the People That Use Them (pp. 23-41), Praeger Publishing. (ISBN|978-1-4408-3755-5)
35. James, L., & Oroszi, T. (2015), Defining Weapons of Mass Psychological Destruction. Weapons of Mass Psychological Destruction and the People Who Use Them, (pp.1). (ISBN|978-1-4408-3755-5)
36. Oroszi, T. & James, L., (2015), Emerging Trends in the Prevention of Management of WMPD. In Weapons of Mass Psychological Destruction and the People That Use Them (pp. 312-322), Praeger Publishing. (ISBN|978-1-4408-3755-5)
Terry's Current Calendar
Nov. 2021-FBI HQ & Quantico InfraGard meeting
Nov. 2021-CBRNe Convergence invited speaker
Oct. 2021-Emergency Management virtual speaker series invited speaker
Aug. 2021-InfraGard Congress
June 2021-Appointed Secretary InfraGard National Board
June 2021-Situational Awareness Specialist Podcast
April 2021-InfraGard National Workshop American Terrorist
Mar. 2021-Averting Targeted School Violence: A U.S. Secret Service Analysis of Plots Against Schools
Mar. 2021-Situational Awareness Specialist Training
Feb. 2021-Chemical Agents of Opportunity for Terrorism
Feb. 2021-Yale Philanthropy Conference: Reimagining Philanthropy
Jan. 2021-CBRNe Industry Group Meeting
Jan. 2021-How the Pandemic Made Me a Better Educator, Harvard Business
Jan 2021-State of the FBI Briefing and Deep DIve into Oregon District active shooter
Dec. 2020-Live Facebook (Woman Global Icon)
Nov. 2020-CBRNe Industry Group Meeting
Nov. 2020-Speaker: Steven Solomon, Personal Preparedness, Dayton InfraGard
Sept. 2020-The American Terrorist, National Preparedness Summit, Dallas TX.
Aug. 2020-Decision-making for Crisis Leadership, InfoSys Webinar, India
May 2020-Toledo Webinar Presenter: The American Terrorist
May 2020-Security Matters Hawaii PodCast
May 2020-FBI Information Sharing Initiative Guest Speaker (CANCELED)
Apr. 2020-Gem City ComiCon (CANCELED)
Mar. 2020-Department of Agriculture talk on terrorism (CANCELED)
Feb. 2020-IMA workshop/Power Platform
Feb. 2020-State of the FBI
Dec. 2020-NSF Convergence Accelerator Symposium at the University of South Carolina
Nov. 2019-Highlights for Children, Columbus OH, for InfraGard
Nov. 2019-Provided Training on American Terrorism at National Security Agency (NSA) Ft. Meade, MD.
Nov. 2019-FBI InfraGard Leadership Academy (Quantico & FBI HQ) Speaker and Attendee
Nov. 2019-Book: Mr. Smith Goes to North Korea, Greylander Press, LLC
Sept. 2019-Book: Operation Deep Dive: A Step into the Past, Greylander Press, LLC
Sept. 2019-InfraGard/ASIS Global Security Exchange Speaker, Chicago (Terrorism)
Jul. 2019-House Intelligence and Armed Forces Staff, Washington DC (Terrorism Briefing)
Jun. 2019-Book: Operation Stormfront: From Weatherman to Wall Street, Greylander Press, LLC
Jun. 2019-National Homeland Security Conference Speaker, Phoenix, AZ (Terrorism in the US)
May 2019-Michigan InfraGard Annual Meeting Guest Speaker (Terrorism, specific to Michigan)
Apr. 2019-Dayton Club Speaking Engagement/Book Signing
Mar. 2019-InfraGard Regional Leadership Summit
Mar. 2019-Beavercreek Rotary Club Ohio Terrorists
Jan. 2019-Book: The American Terrorist: Everything You Need to Know to be a Subject Matter Expert, Greylander Press, LLC published
Jan. 2019 -State of the FBI Briefing in CINN.
Jan. 2019 -InfraGard Dayton Chapter, The American Terrorist
Dec. 2018-Cincinnati FBI Citizens Academy Alumni Holiday Gathering
Nov. 2018-WPAFB Counterterrorism Security Briefing
Nov. 2018-InfraGard Board and Chapter meeting (Chapter Vice President)
Nov. 2018-Centerville Optimist Club Topic: Ohio Terrorists
Oct. 2018-Intelligence Analysis Career Training (IACT) Program:4/5/6 Power Platform
Oct. 2018-Intelligence Analysis Career Training (IACT) Program: The American Terrorist: Finding Patterns in the Data.
Sept. 2018-Kettering Optimist Club (9/11 talk on Terrorism)
Aug. 2018-Edgewood/Aberdeen Proving Ground (MD)
Aug. 2018-TriService Toxicology Conference (WPAFB)
Jul. 2018-The White House
Jul. 2018-FBI Headquarters, (Speaker FBI Assoc. Deputy Director, Paul Abbate, the role of FBI CA Graduate)
Jul. 2018-Quantico (Speaker from BAU#5 and several breakout sessions, a tour of Hogans Alley, & FBI Laboratory)
Jul. 2018-Centerville Optimist Club (talk on terrorism)
Jun. 2018-Range day with FBI/SWAT
Jun. 2018-FBI CA Graduation
Jun. 2018-ATIC Leadership workshop (4/5/6 Power Platform)
Jun. 2018-ATIC Introduction to Terrorism workshop
May 2018-Auditors Speaking Engagement Power/Leadership/Meeting behaviors
Apr. 2018-FBI Citizen's Academy (10 weeks)
Apr. 2018-TRAC (Toxicology & Risk Assessment Conference)
Apr. 2018-InfraGard Security conference
Apr. 2018-4/5/6 Power Platform for the BSOM Leadership Academy
Mar. 2018-Staff Dev. Day Speaker, “Egos at the Table: Understanding Meeting Behaviors”
Feb. 2018-Meet with FBI Director Christopher Wray
Jan. 2018-InfraGard meeting (Dept. Homeland Security)
Jan. 2018-Crisis decision-making paper accepted to the Journal of Business Continuity & Emergency Planning
Dec. 2017-InfraGard Board Meeting
Nov. 2017-ATIC Analyst Bootcamp Capstone Briefing (terrorism)
Nov. 2017-MMRS meeting (LT. Sam McGee, Aurora Theater Shooting)
Sep. 2017-Speaker and designated Delegate at the FBI/InfraGard training conference, Dallas, TX.
Sep. 2017-Boonshoft School of Medicine Leadership Academy
Sep. 2017-Analysis of an American Terrorist, for ATIC Intel Analyst Bootcamp
Aug. 2017-Quarterly DTT Board meeting
Aug. 2017-TriService Tox Consortium Abstract/Presentation DoD Toxicology efforts.
Jul. 2017-ATIC Analyst Boot Camp Capstone Briefings
Jul. 2017-Two abstracts (Terrorism, Crisis Decision-Making) accepted for HDIAC Journal
Jun. 2017-Guest on the Attack of the Politicos Podcast (Est 1015K audience)
Jun. 2017-High Stakes Decision-Making Model presented at the National Homeland Security Conference, Buffalo NY
May 2017-4/5/6 Power Platform for ATIC Intel Analyst Bootcamp
May 2017-Analysis of an American Terrorist, for ATIC Intel Analyst Bootcamp
May 2017-Cincinnati InfraGard Speaker Topic: Americans Killing Americans: A Comparison of U.S. Male Citizens Charged with Acts Related to Terrorism Since 9/11.
Apr. 2017-CLONE (CBRN Ladies Only Networking Event) Washington DC, invited guest
Apr. 2017-Invited speaker/SME for Peace Rally, Dayton OH
Mar. 2017-Washington, DC, briefed FBI Chief Nuclear & Radiological WMD Countermeasures
Mar. 2017-Dayton Think Tank quarterly meeting, invited speakers included DHS/FBI/Medicine on EMP and Opioid Epidemic
Mar. 2017-“Americans Killing Americans” WSU Staff Development Speaker
Mar. 2017-NBCIG Meeting. Nuc/Bio/Chem Industry Group, Washington DC
Mar. 2017-Infragard Speaker on Terrorism (InfraGard is a partnership between the FBI and the private sector.)
Feb. 2017-Intro to Terrorism Workshop for ATIC Intel Analyst Bootcamp
Feb. 2017-Sherrod Brown, spoke about Ohio terrorism status
Feb. 2017-Women in Business Luncheon speaker, Xenia Chamber of Commerce
Feb. 2017-TriService Toxicology Consortium Meeting (Air Force/Navy/Army, two days)
Jan. 2017-Recognizing a Potential Terrorist with Case Study for BioStar Program
Jan. 2017-InfraGard meeting
Jan. 2017-Power Platform Workshop for ATIC’s new Intel Analyst class
Jan. 2017-Submitted new manuscript to the publisher (release date Aug.)
Dec. 2016-Submitted three abstracts for the National Homeland Security Conference, Buffalo, NY
Dec. 2016-DTT Meeting, Environmental Manager, City of Dayton Department of Water
Dec. 2016-WSU Story, Jim Hannah, on the Dayton Think Tank, Engineer’s Club
Dec. 2016-or Whaley Fundraiser (discussed terror threat with attendees)
Dec. 2016-Navy Commander and Branch Chief (Tox) certificate program discussion and follow up submission.
Nov. 2016-Nominated into the Homeland Security Information Network
Nov. 2016-NBC Industry Group Washington DC
Nov. 2016-Annual Dayton MMRS Steering Committee meeting (Restricted due to topics)
Nov. 2016-Dayton Think Tank Founder (Crisis, Threat, Emergency and Disaster Management)
Nov. 2016-High Stakes Decision-making presentation at SAFE Symposium
Oct. 2016-Attended a mandatory counterintelligence briefing (WPAFB)
Oct. 2016-Power Platform 2 hour workshop for INFORMS Engineering Symposium
Oct. 2016-Led a Terrorism Case Studies 3-hour Workshop for Advanced Technical Intelligence Center (ATIC) Analyst Bootcamp.
Sep. 2016-Power Platform 2 hour workshop for Advanced Technical Intelligence Center (ATIC) Analyst Bootcamp.
Sep. 2016-Led a Terrorism 4 hour Workshop for Advanced Technical Intelligence Center (ATIC) Analyst Bootcamp.
Sep. 2016-Power Platform workshop for BioStar Students.
Aug. 2016- 4-hour Terrorism Workshop specific to Dayton, Oakwood, and Cincinnati Police
Aug. 2016-Mindset of a Terrorist, terrorism workshops (am & pm for WSU Staff employees)
Aug. 2016-WSRI Meeting to discuss the creation of a Center of Excellence in Homeland Security and Terrorism
Jul. 2016-Dayton Think Tank, first meeting.
Jul. 2016-WDTN/FOX 45 TV News interview.
Jul. 2016-One of the leads for an Active Shooter Scenario involving VA/Dayton/Fairborn Police, SWAT, Hostage Negotiations.
Jul. 2016-TV interview, Dallas Shooting. Terrorism.
Jul. 2016-FBI Biosecurity workshops, one of the leads.
Jun. 2016-Led a 4hour Terrorism Workshop for Advanced Technical Intelligence Center (ATIC) Analyst Bootcamp.
Jun. 2016-Abstract for OSHA Grant submitted.
May 2016-Abstract for SAFE ASSOCIATION National Meeting (military) submitted.
May 2016-FBI Chemical/Explosive training, invited to participate (and blow things up!)
May 2016-MedBiquitious Conference, Implementing Provider, Patient: Provider and Patient Facing Interventions in a Virtual Environment Johns Hopkins, Baltimore.
Apr. 2016-Invited Speaker Centerville Public Library, terrorism, >100 people in attendance.
Apr. 2016-Rotary Club invited speaker, terrorism.
Apr. 2016-Meeting with Dayton or on Think Tank and 4/5/6 Power Platform.
Apr. 2016-Awarded a doctorate, Dissertation topic “High-Stakes Decision-Making for Crisis Leadership.”
Mar. 2016-Fox 45/ABC 22 TV interview on the closing of Guantanamo Bay Prison (GITMO), Cuba.
Mar. 2016-Attended FBI brief on Homegrown Terrorism
Mar. 2016-Presented two workshops to the Staff Development day (total 92 attendees) 4/5/6 Power Platform.
Feb. 2016-Muscatine, IA Journal Published Article “Muscatine Native Examines the Psychological Impact of Terrorism.”
Feb. 2016-Invited guest on behalf of the United States, United Nations Conference on Human Rights of Victims of Terrorism, United Nations Headquarters, New York.
Feb. 2016-Keynote speaker, Defense Institute Study and Education (IDSE) Military Supply Chain Workshop.
Jan. 2016-Presented a half-day workshop on domestic terrorism for ATIC Analysis Bootcamp Students looking to get into the intelligence arena.
Jan. 2016-Led a lecture (100+ attendees) on the psychology behind the use of WMDs and terrorism.
Jan. 2016-Attended an international conference on simulations, WSU took home an award (#1) on Sim games; VA SimLEARN was #2. Workshops attended included two on qualitative methods some used in this research, and TED talks.
Dec. 2015-FOX 19 live TV interview on a new book. This interview was repeated on 20+ media news links in the state.
Dec. 2015-DDN Newspaper article on the new book. The article was published in several newspapers throughout the region.
Dec. 2015-Book published by Praeger/ABCClio, Weapons of Mass Psychological Destruction & the People That Use Them. (UPDATE Book makes “BEST SELLING LIST 2005 ”)
Oct. 2015-Led a Terrorism Workshop for Advanced Technical Intelligence Center (ATIC) Analyst Bootcamp.
Oct. 2015-CBRN (Chem/Bio/Rad/Nuc) defense program was funded by the Medical School to go National, including hiring an Assoc. Director.
Oct. 2015-Attended a 3day course on Simulation development, including a visit to the military simulations research center (Florida)
Oct. 2015-Two papers (blind, peer-reviewed) accepted for oral presentations at a Management Conference in Columbus, one on decision-making, the other on meeting attendee behaviors and identifying bias.
Sep. 2015-Attended the Association for Medical Education Conference in Europe in Scotland.
May 2015-Received a Post-Doctoral Fellowship (before completing a doctorate) at the Dayton VAMC in Simulations. Was one of the leads for a Mass Casualty Incident that involved several medical centers and emergency response in the state.
Aug. 2014-Started an internship at the Dayton VA Medical Center (VAMC) continued on the book, spent time at NCMR, introduced to crisis gaming.
May 2014-IRB petition approved to identify anonymously meeting behaviors better to understand collaborative decision making, potential bias, and conflict management.
Sep. 2013-Started Doctoral Program in Organizational Studies (Leadership/Business)
Sep. 2013-Cohosted the FBI/WMD terrorism workshop, FBI, EHS, P&T
End of Calendar